October 25, 2019
DIY Halloween Jack-O-Lantern for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, and Other Small Pets
Want a fun (and spooky) way to celebrate Halloween with your rabbit, guinea pig, or other small pet this year? Check out Oxbow's funny DIY Jack-O-Lantern!
- Oxbow Products featured: 15 oz Oat Hay, Large Timothy Club Bungalow, and Enriched Life Rattan Ball
- Materials Used: Jack-O-Lantern patterns, scissors, Dremel, safety goggles, and face mask
- Pick a pattern—simple is better
- If you are tracing the design:
- Cut out the pattern
- Make “pins” from Rattan Ball
- “Pin” pattern to the bungalow
- If you decide to freehand, simply follow the design or get creative!
- Use a Dremel to cut the shape of the Jack-O-Lantern’s mouth
- Use scissors to trim loose hay strands
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the nose and eyes
- Place the bungalow in a pet-proofed area
- Add your pet’s favorite hay inside or outside of the bungalow
- Supervise your pet while they explore your creation
Download Face Templates. Click face image to open and download template.